Hobart and Surrounds Community Events
In the region of Hobart and Surrounds in Tasmania, Australia, there are several regular community events that take place throughout the year:
- Salamanca Market: Every Saturday, Salamanca Place hosts a bustling outdoor market offering food, crafts, and other local products.
- Hobart Farmers Market: Held at the Showgrounds every Sunday, the Hobart Farmers Market is where locals go to buy fresh produce and artisanal goods.
- MONA Market: On the second Saturday of each month, the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) hosts a market featuring local artists, designers, and craftspeople.
- Battery Point Sculpture Trail: This outdoor art exhibition in Battery Point features sculptures from local and international artists, and runs for a few months during the summer and autumn.
- Tasmanian Craft Fair: Held annually in Deloraine, the Tasmanian Craft Fair showcases the work of over 200 Tasmanian artists and craftspeople.
- Dark Mofo: This winter festival in Hobart features music, art, and performance events that celebrate the darkness of the season.
- Christmas Pageant: A popular tradition in Hobart, the Christmas Pageant sees brightly decorated floats and performers marching through the city streets in early December.