Hobart and Surrounds Entertainment Directory
Be the first to advertise in Hobart and Surrounds Entertainment Directory!
We are developing hobart.tasmania.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Hobart and Surrounds for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the entertainment in Hobart and Surrounds?
Hobart and Surrounds Entertainment
Leisure and Entertainment Options in Hobart and Surrounds
Hobart is the capital city of Tasmania, situated on the Derwent River in the southeast of the state. While it may be one of Australia's smaller capital cities, it is known for its cultural, historical and natural attractions. Hobart and its surrounds offer ample opportunities for leisure and entertainment. Here is a breakdown of some of the best things to do in the region.
Tours and Adventure
1. Mount Wellington: Mount Wellington is a must-visit attraction in Hobart, situated just a short 30-minute drive from Hobart's city centre. Visitors can take in the breathtaking panoramic views of the city and surrounding areas from the summit. For those with a love of adventure, there are walking trails, cycling tracks, and even abseiling.
2. Bruny Island: Located off the coast of Hobart, Bruny Island is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike. The island is known for its stunning beaches, rugged coastline, and abundant wildlife. Visitors can take a ferry from Kettering, Bruny Island's gateway town, and explore the island's many attractions, including the Cape Bruny Lighthouse, Bruny Island Cheese Company, and the Bruny Island Berry Farm.
3. Tahune Airwalk: Located in the Huon Valley, the Tahune Airwalk is a popular attraction for visitors to Hobart and surrounds. This tourist spot offers thrill-seekers a chance to walk among the treetops and take in the stunning views from above. The Airwalk is also home to some of Tasmania's most famous natural attractions, including the Huon River and the Tahune Forest Reserve.
Cinema and Theatre
1. State Cinema: The State Cinema is Hobart's longest-running cinema, situated in North Hobart's vibrant cultural district. It features a range of art-house and independent films and special events throughout the year, including Oscar-winning movies, documentaries, and live theatre.
2. Theatre Royal: The Theatre Royal is Hobart's oldest theatre and one of Australia's most prestigious cultural institutions. It features a range of live performances throughout the year, including musicals, plays, ballets, and comedy shows. This spot is perfect for anyone who enjoys live entertainment.
3. Salamanca Arts Centre: Located in Hobart's Salamanca precinct, the Salamanca Arts Centre is a hub for arts and culture in the region. The centre features a range of exhibitions, performances, and workshops, including theatre, dance, music, and art.
Food and Wine
1. MONA Cellar Door: The Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) is Hobart's most famous attraction and home to some of the most exciting contemporary art exhibitions in the country. The Cellar Door is just one of the features of the museum, offering visitors the chance to sample some of Tasmania's best wines and local produce.
2. Farm Gate Market: The Farm Gate Market is Hobart's premier food and produce market, offering visitors a chance to sample and purchase Tasmania's finest locally-grown produce. It is held on Sundays in Hobart's Bathurst Street Car Park and offers visitors a chance to experience the region's vibrant food culture.
3. Salamanca Place: Salamanca Place is known for its historic sandstone warehouses and is home to Hobart's famous Saturday Salamanca Market. Visitors can wander the cobblestone streets, enjoy a meal at one of the many cafes or restaurants, or sample a local beverage at one of the many pubs or bars.
In sum, a visit to Hobart and its surrounds offers visitors plenty of options for leisure and entertainment. Whether it's experiencing the stunning natural attractions like Mount Wellington and Bruny Island, taking in the latest independent film or theatrical performance, or sampling Tasmania's world-class food and wine, visitors will be spoilt for choice.
Hobart and Surrounds Entertainment Articles